Scroll To Top
Rules and Regulation
- The Competition Team shall consist of one dog and one handler.
- Handlers must be at least seven (7) years old to compete.
- Pushing, pulling, growling at, or dropping a dog into the water, up the stairs to the dock or on the dock is strictly prohibited.
- Dogs must be at least six (6) months old to compete for insurance requirements.
- Dogs in heat will not be allowed on the dock or within the competition venue.
- Should a dog appear to be injured or ill, the dog’s handler will be asked to cease competition until such time as the dog regains health.
- Handlers are prohibited from jumping into the pool, regardless of the situation. The ONLY exception is if the wrangler needs assistance in getting a dog out of the pool.
- All competing dogs must be crated or held by the handler or an assistant of the handler on a maximum length of a four (4) foot or 1 metre non-retractable lead at all times while on site at an event and MUST keep a distance of eight (8) foot or 2 metres between dogs.
- Flat buckle collars may be worn on the dock. No chains or halties allowed.
- No dog shall be allowed off-leash in any part of the competition area, including the exercise area, except for; on the dock or in the water itself. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
- Dog vests and personal floatation devices are permitted.
- No other objects may be used on the dock during competition other than 1 handler, 1 dog, 1 chase object (not alive or previously alive), 1 sound device and 1 leash.
- Always toilet your dog in designated area. If your dog poops on the dock you owe Sydney City DockDogs either volunteering time, a case of beer or financial fee.
- KEEP IT FUN!